WHO MAY ATTEND:
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Certified Pilates Teachers, Certified or Licensed Athletic Trainers,
Physical Therapy and Pilates Continuing Education
Course Description and Objectives:
Course Description: This 2 day course is designed to build a bridge between physical therapy scoliosis specific exercises (PSSE) and Pilates. This course teaches Pilates in a way that addresses the importance of the 3-D aspect of scoliosis training, and provides a whole body moving experience. Participants will learn Exercise Guidelines to avoid putting someone at risk for progression or injury. Exercises include beginning to advanced core strengthening to prepare individuals who are transitioning from physical therapy to a Pilates program.
Upon completion of the program participants will be able to:
* List the 4 guidelines for scoliosis exercises, based on Cobb angle and pathologies.
* Perform a screening for scoliosis.
* Demonstrate the ability to perform the Adams test using a Scoliometer.
* Define the exercise movement precautions related to scoliosis as defined by the Schroth method.
* Demonstrate teaching methods for the Movement Preparation Exercises.
* Demonstrate through verbal response, an understanding of traditional Pilates mat work, modified for scoliosis.
Course Description and Objectives
PMA and WPTA credits: 13
DATES: October 26-27, 2019
TIME: Saturday 8:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday 8:00am - 4:30pm
LOCATION: Scoliosis Rehab Inc, 2918 Post Road, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Patti Orthwein, PT,
Beth Janssen, PT
Amy Beversdorf, MFA, GLCMA, PMA-Certified Pilates Instructor
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A COURSE: please email email@example.com