Physical Therapy and Pilates Continuing Education
Course Description and Objectives:
Course Description: This 2 day course is designed to build a bridge between physical therapy scoliosis specific exercises (PSSE) and Pilates. This course teaches Pilates in a way that addresses the importance of the 3-D aspect of scoliosis training, and provides a whole body moving experience. Participants will learn Exercise Guidelines to avoid putting someone at risk for progression or injury. Exercises include beginning to advanced core strengthening to prepare individuals who are transitioning from physical therapy to a Pilates program.
Upon completion of the program participants will be able to:
* List the 4 guidelines for scoliosis exercises, based on Cobb angle and pathologies.
* Perform a screening for scoliosis.
* Demonstrate the ability to perform the Adams test using a Scoliometer.
* Define the exercise movement precautions related to scoliosis as defined by the Schroth method.
* Demonstrate teaching methods for the Movement Preparation Exercises.
* Demonstrate through verbal response, an understanding of traditional Pilates mat work, modified for scoliosis.
PMA credits: 8
WPTA credits: 8.75
April 10-11, 2021
Saturday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Online via Zoom
Patti Orthwein, PT,
Amy Beversdorf, MFA, GLCMA, PMA-Certified Pilates Instructor
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A COURSE: please email firstname.lastname@example.org